For the FORUMERS only!

edited January 2009 in Atheists Only
This has become a remarkable place - a haven where intelligent people from around the world are able to freely share their ideas - and we're extremely proud to be a part of it.

To celebrate, we just created three new shirt designs and are offering them to all of you on the forum before anyone else. At a discount, too. So right now, the only place to get these shirts is through this thread.

Here they are:

gods - the stylized rendering of a city skyline beneath a brilliant sun; if ever there were creatures with the power to freely form the world to suit their desires, it would be us.

the truth - bears the statement: "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."

when I die - The famous Bertrand Russell quote: "I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young, and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is none the less true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting. Many a man has borne himself proudly on the scaffold: surely the same pride should teach us to think truly about man's place in the world."

Comments

• Not bad, I really like the topmost one. So I've ordered it (in fact.) Insofar I've not really been too keen on what I've seen -- and I do require black clothing to fit my particular traditions; however, that was an absolutely lovely design, I especially love the juxtaposition of sparkling sun and the grey buildings.
  • edited January 2009 Posts: 0
    I'd like it if we could come up with funny shirts that parody religious sayings that the Theists can't get enough of. And then have a vote for the good ones.

Like WWJD: Why Won't Jesus-freaks Disappear?
  • edited January 2009 Posts: 0
    OMG awesome idea here. On the front will be a picture of the bible open to, say Leviticus or w/e. The page on the left will be leaning up at the page on the right, which is also leaning up. As if they're facing each other. The left page will say something like "You did so that that!" to which the left page simply responds, "Did not!"

On the back something along the lines of "Consistency. Even God can't do it."

Just an idea, open to change.
  • Great shirts! I like the first and third ones the best. As a female I wouldn't buy the middle shirt because the text is diagonal. The resulting optical illusion would look something like a Picasso painting - one boob up and one boob down! If the text was straight across I would like this one too. I bought the "When I die" shirt.
    Great forum - thanks.
    I like the idea of voting for the favorite parody or favorite quote. "Fire it up!"
  • Great!!
    Thank you.
    I love the 2 I chose, next is a hoodie.

I wore "Fire it Up" to work last night and it confused a couple people but most seemed to enjoy it's meaning.
    Told a couple where I got it, so hopefuly they be ordering soon.
  • "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."

epic!!!
  • dude i love the second one, i hope i can get my dad to get it for me :D
  • SO i herd you liek da second one.i like #2 the best
  • "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it."

BEST. SAYING. EVAR!
  • How to starting your own religion:
    Step 1)Deceive people into thinking you're the son of God.
    Step 2)???
    Step 3)Prophet
  • Mistahtom
    Did you watch Austin atheist experience today? the topic was "roll your own religion" by roll they meant start.
    http://www.ustream.tv/atheisttv
    It was funny in that they looked at scientology and mormonism as examples.
  • Posted By: jscott1213Mistahtom
    Did you watch Austin atheist experience today? the topic was "roll your own religion" by roll they meant start.
    http://www.ustream.tv/atheisttv
    It was funny in that they looked at scientology and mormonism as examples.
    That video is full of EPIC WIN! Thanks!
  • Posted By: MistahtomHow to starting your own religion:
    Step 2)???
    Step 3)ProphetFor the same reason you reject many gods, I reject yours.
    funny pun is funny
  • Posted By: MistahtomHow to starting your own religion:
    Step 2)???
    Step 3)ProphetFor the same reason you reject many gods, I reject yours.

rofl. that's from south park. except it's phase 1, 2, and 3. and it was about gnomes collecting 1)underpants; 2)...;3)profit.
    A quote that gets a lot of people's shit spewing around where i live is "i thank god that i'm an atheist".

i live around a bunch of suburban, backwardass, ignorant yuppies, and one of them ripped off a bumper sticker that i made and put on my car that said that. (while i wasn't even around)
    i tried to draw some shitty pictures showing jews being circumcised and some atheists reading george carlin stuff, but it looked too shit for my taste.
    so if i had a shirt like that, these jackoff religious types would have to say something to me before vandalizing my property.
  • edited January 2009 Posts: 119
    A quick update for everyone:

Production on the shirts is nearly complete so we're only going to leave the forum pre-sale up for one more week.

After January 22nd, you'll have to wait until we release them to the public and buy them at full price...

Lastly, a big thanks to those who've purchased the shirts already. You're going to love them!

Cheers,
    The Arrogant Atheist